Mother’s Day is a day to do something extra special for you mother and to show her how much you appreciate her. One of the most common things to do with mom on Mother’s Day is to take her out to dinner, but anyone who has ever gone out on Mother’s Day knows how busy restaurants can be since most people are also taking their mothers out to dinner. Instead of standing in line waiting for a table or staying in to make dinner at home, try something new. Spend the day doing something with your mom you don’t normally do together. Here is a list of some fun ways to spend Mother’s Day with your mother.
1. Go to the movies. Take your mother to the movies and let her pick the movie you see. Treat her to all of the snacks and drinks she wants. AMC theaters now have a dine-in feature that allows moviegoers to order food from a menu that will be brought to you at your seats. The seats recline and are also very comfortable. Mom will be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy the movie with a good meal.
2. Have a picnic in the park. Pack a lunch complete with some of mom’s favorite food and drinks, as well as pastries and sweets for dessert, and take your mother to a local park or her favorite park of she has one. Bring a blanket along to set on the grass, and lay out your food and have a quiet picnic with your mother.
3. Go to the spa. The spa would be a great way for your mother to relax while spending time with you. Arrange for massages, as well as any other spa treatment you think she might enjoy such as a facial.
4. Get manicures and pedicures. As the weather gets warmer and sandals become the norm, your mother will appreciate a manicure and pedicure. A bonus gift would be a new pair of sandals so that your mother can proudly show off her pedicure.
5. Go see a musical or play. Find out what type of theater your mother enjoys and treat her to a show.
6. Take your mom shopping. It’s easy to give your mom money or a gift card for Mother’s Day, but taking the time to go shopping with her will be a nice experience for the both of you.
7. Bake together. If you mother loves to bake, gather some of her favorite recipes, buy all of the necessary ingredients, and spend the day baking up a storm.
8. Go to the beach. Pack up the car and head to the beach for the day. While at the beach your mother has many options whether she wants to go into the water or relax in the sand with a good book.
9. Plan a dinner party or a small surprise party. What better way to say “I love you” and “I appreciate you” then gathering some of your mother’s closest family and friends for a party.
10. Plan a weekend getaway for the two of you. Take your mother on a weekend trip to a place she has never been or a place she really wants to go. Once there, allow her to create the itinerary.