It is time to face the facts: We have all been hoarding a bunch of t-shirts over the years that we just can’t seem to get rid of. Instead of letting them collect dust in your closet, here are ten awesome things that you can do with your old t-shirts.
1. Wrapped Bracelets: The truth is, you can never really have enough bracelets. With some old bangles and some old t-shirts you can make some stylish new bracelets to add to your collection just by gluing the t-shirt fabric to the bangle.
2. Around-the-House Rags: Let’s face it, paper towels are expensive. By using some of those old tees to clean up some of the messes around your home you’re not only doing the environment a favor but you’re also helping yourself to save some money.
3. Scarves: There are several ways that you can transform your old tee into a fashionable new scarf. There are several patterns available online but the most simple option is the no sew pattern as it involves only some easy twisting and braiding!
4. Book Covers: Book covers made from colorful old t-shirts sure beat ones made out of brown paper bags or newspapers. Old tees make soft and durable book covers that will last a whole lot longer than paper. This make a great gift idea as well.
5. Dog Toys: Your old t-shirt can be your furry best friends new treasure. Without gluing or sewing you can make your pup a fun braided “bone” that they are going to absolutely love.
6. Tote Bag: Plastic bags are slowly becoming banned from many places in the world due to their harmful affects of the environment. Turn your old shirts into tote bags that you can bring with you to the supermarket or the farmers market.
7. Knotted Headbands: Knotted headbands aren’t only stylish but they are super easy to make; all you need is knots and glue. Cut the t-shirt up, tie a few knots and glue the edges and you have a fashionable new headband to add to your collection of hair accessories.
8. Knotted Rugs: Knotted rugs look like they came strait out of an expensive home decor magazine. By following a simple pattern you can take all your old shirts and make them into a beautiful flokati-style rug that will make a great addition to any room in your house.
9. No-Sew Vest: If you have an old shirt, a pair of scissors and about five minutes to spare, you can make yourself a brand new vest. By cutting your shirt in half you can make a cute summer vest that looks great paired with a tank top, spring dress or bathing suit.
10. Quilts: There are tons of patterns online that can show you how easily to construct all your old t-shirts into one super cozy quilt. The result is a comfortable and warm blanket with a pop of nostalgia that will make you smile every time.
Put your old t-shirts to use with the help of these awesome yet simple ideas! What do you plan on doing with your old t-shirts?