The time is upon us once again. On this of all days, letting Dad know that you love and care about every sacrifice that he ever made is an all-encompassing obstacle that many face. Don’t bother to ask him what he would like. It will always be met with the standard “Oh Honey, I don’t need anything. I have plenty. I just want to see you happy.” Do any of those lines ring a bell? I am sure they do, so try one of these tips to show him that not just anything is good enough for him.
At the top of my list is the:
Photo Time Line
- Using the idea of the frame depicting the years of K-12th grade, you can choose important events and times that you have shared with your father through the years.
- Arrange the photo’s in a time order to show the extent that the two of you have grown both together and separately. If Dad has a hobby or activity that he enjoys, you may be able to find a special frame or use a Shadow Box frame to highlight that as well.
- If using a shadow box, arrange the pictures in the back and purchase a few small versions of his favorite activities to build out the dimension of the box.
- Be sure not to include any pictures that may provoke unhappy memories. This is all about letting Dad know how important he is to you and you are to him. Keep it simply to that.
Is Dad a fisher?
- A very unique gift for the fisher Dad is to purchase a metal fish holder. It is a chain of what looks like carbine clasps that hold the fish on one line to carry easier.
- At the local Dollar store, purchase several key chain picture holders.
- Using the metal fish holder, attach a key chain photo holder to each “hook”
- Inside each place a photo that depicts your times together.
- In between the photo’s you can add bobbers, lures, floating key holder etc..
- It is as simple as that. The Fish Photo Chain can be hung on the wall in any way shape or form that one desires. It makes for interesting conversation and décor to the ole fisherman.
Making Dad feel special on his day is a little more than just showing up. Give him a glimpse of all the things you have appreciated in him over the years. Unique does not have to be expensive, it does however need to be special to the two of you.