Technology has evolved and made our lives easier than we could ever imagine. We have things at our fingertips so when we need to send an email we can do that by pressing just one button on our computers. From wired telephones we moved to wireless phones and then to mobile phones. Now we have gone ahead a bit more and today most businesses are relying on VoIP phones for their communications. These phones have great benefits over the old and traditional phones and phone lines. For their many benefits they are considered the best for small businesses and large enterprises.
Understanding The VoIP
The concept should not be difficult to understand for you when you look at the full form of VoIP, which is voice over internet protocol. In simple words, your voice is being transferred with the help of a phone that uses internet protocol instead of the old and traditional phone lines. This is done by first converting the analogue signals into digital signals and then transferring them over the internet. Simply put, the first thing that a VoIP phone must do is convert the analogue voice signals into digital signals in order for them to be transferred over the internet.
The best thing about VoIP is that you don’t have to stick to a particular company for providing you the telephone service. Furthermore, you don’t always require a hardware device when you want to use VoIP technology. A soft phone, which is merely a software installed on your computer, helps you in placing the calls without any costs. However, companies and large enterprises have fully fledged hardware phones that are connected to computers to place calls through internet. These phones are VoIP phones but they look just like the traditional telephone with more features.
Benefits Of VoIP Phones
- First, by using VoIP phones we are keeping our pace with the modern technology and this technology is going to be the technology of future. There is a high possibility that traditional phone lines might go out of operation completely and we can always expect the internet to grow to an even larger scale with time.
- Cost is always the most important concern for small business, large enterprises and individuals sitting at homes. With the VoIP setup in place the calls become extremely cheap. The biggest effect can be seen on the international calls that are extremely cheap when you are using the VoIP phones.
- Since VoIP stands for voice over internet protocol, this type of phone line makes full use of the internet technology. You are not able to talk to more people on a traditional phone line but on an internet call you can have as many people join the conference call as possible or allowed by your soft phone service.
- The VoIP setup is revolutionary for individuals who want to make long distance calls while sitting in their homes. All they need is a computer and internet connection. They might require a soft phone for making calls too but there are many free softwares available to choose from. In short, they don’t have to arrange the hardware and pay for it.
- Your VoIP phones are fully integrated with internet and allow you to take advantage of many revolutionary features such as receiving the email notifications of missed calls and voice messages.
There are many features that make a VoIP phone better than the traditional phones. You can talk to your agents and guide them while they are talking to the customers. No one has to hang up the call. The best thing is that the customer will not be able to hear your voice but your employee can.