I was able to plan my sister’s wedding shower this past year and had a blast coming up with games that would be fun for everyone in the room. We had quite a range of ages there and I wanted to find activities that would be enjoyable and appropriate for the audience as well as something she (the bride) would enjoy. One of my favorite games we did took a little preparation but was well worth the time and effort. It got more than a few laughs, and was a bit of a “get to know the couple” game as well.
I put together a list of questions to ask both the bride and groom and, well before the shower, wrote down each of their answers to the same set of questions. We then made mustaches and lips on sticks and gave a set of each to everyone who came to the shower. I explained that I would read a question, give an answer, and they would guess at who gave the answer by raising either their stick with lips, or their stick with a mustache, indicating whether they thought the bride said it or the groom did. A few of the answers were obvious, but others were surprisingly opposite of the general consensus. Sometimes part of the humor came if the second person’s answer was given after the guessing was done, showing how alike, or different the couple’s answers were.
Really, there is no set way this game should be done, it can be adapted to fit your needs or desires several different ways. Have fun with it, it’s meant to be energetic and amusing. Just remember that while humor is fun, it is also (in this setting) supposed to be sweet and special. Don’t put in things that are going to embarrass the bride or put down the groom, this is ultimately for them. Hopefully you find this helpful in your search for wedding game ideas, here are the questions we used, feel free to edit and revise for your particular bride and groom!
1. Describe your first kiss in one word
2. Would you say it was love at first sight?
3. What animal would you compare your significant other to?
4. What are you most excited to cook for your significant other once you are married?
5. If the groom were a superhero, who would he be?
6. How many children will you have?
7. What will your first child be named if she is a girl?
8. What will your first child be named if he is a boy?
9. What would your dream house look like?
10. If you could live anywhere for a week where would you go?
11. If you could go on a trip with any famous person dead or alive, who would it be and why?
12. What personality traits do you have in common with dogs?–
13. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
14. What is your best feature?
15. What is your idea of a horrible date?
16. Describe your significant other in one word
17. What is one of your greatest flaws?
18. If you woke up one day to find that your significant other had lost their memory, what would you do?
19. Describe your perfect date
20. What is your favorite hairstyle the bride has had? (She’s had several!)
21. Where were you the first time you held hands?
22. What is one of your favorite memories involving your significant other?
23. What is the first thing that attracted you to your significant other?
24. What is your biggest pet peeve that your significant other does?
25. What do you love most about your significant other?
26. How many pair of shoes does the bride own?
27. How many pair of shoes does the groom own?