If you’re like me, then you are an animal lover. If you’re not, that’s OK, I’ll let it slide. A lot of people nowadays have pets or are thinking of getting a pet. If you’re one of the people on the fence, let me see if I can help you. Being a recent college grad in our economy has provided me with the opportunity to whip up this quick quiz on which pet is right for you.
Question #1 – In the mornings you like to:
- A) Go running!
- B) Sleep in for as long as your pet will allow.
- C) Wake up to various noises.
- D) Sleep until your heart’s content!
Question #2 – When it comes to feeding:
- A) It can eat whatever I’m eating right?
- B) You fill the bowl, then ignore the constant begging.
- C) Feed it an array of various goodies.
- D) Drop in some food and move on.
Question #3 – Play time:
- A) I’m a very active person so a lot of play is good.
- B) I can sit and dangle toys from the couch.
- C) Don’t they have a wheel for that?
- D) I’m sure it likes TV as much as I do.
Question #4 – When it comes to the dirty stuff:
- A) Picking up poop with a gloved hand – now that’s true love!
- B) I like to go treasure hunting….yes… treasure.
- C) Cleaning it once every few days seems quite doable.
- D) Wash a bowl once a week? Sure. Maybe.
If you answered all A’s well, then good on you and it looks like you should get a dog. If you answered all B’s then you’re ready for a cat my friend. If you answered all C’s, then a little hamster seems right. If you answered all D’s then the most you should probably get is a fish. Or maybe a pet rock, I heard they were making a comeback. All jokes aside, animals can enrich your life in many ways. Just be sure you’re ready to take on the responsibility that comes along with adopting a new best friend.