Choosing the photographer for your wedding is one of the most crucial parts of wedding planning. This person is going to have the sole responsibility of capturing the most heart-warming memories of the biggest day of your life so you can look back on them for years to come. Here are some things to take into consideration when researching potential photographers for your wedding.
– Did they complete formal photography education? Many colleges offer intense programs for aspiring photographers to become more skilled when capturing pictures.
– Have they completed an internship? An internship is a great way for photographers to get more hands on experience alongside photographers with knowledge of the field.
– Have they ever photographed at a wedding before? It is important to choose a photographer that has worked with weddings before that way they know what to expect when working at your wedding.
– Do they use professional equipment? High quality equipment is key to stunning photos.
– Do they have a professional contract with their clients? A contract assures the client that the photographer is going to work with them and their wishes and desires with the ultimate responsibility and care.
– Do they have set pricing on their packages? The last thing the bride and groom need is unexpected fees and hidden prices coming up and feuding with their budget.
– Are you aware of how much you are going to have to spend after the wedding? This includes hard prints and disks holding all of the photos taken at your wedding.
– Is their price reasonable? A bride and groom should make sure that they are paying a reasonable amount for the package they are purchasing.
– Are they local? Choosing a local photographer is extremely beneficial to your wedding so it is easy to meet up with them without hassle and so transportation is not an issue for them when getting to and from the venue.
– Are they going to work with you in order to provide the best photographs? This includes planning around your timing to ensure they have the proper equipment necessary to capture quality pictures during both day and night.
– Can you see your photographer being a fun addition to your wedding? You want to choose a photographer that is relaxed and enjoyable and will provide to the positive atmosphere of your wedding. Photographers that are pushy have the tendency to become overbearing and may seem to want to ‘take over’ your big day.
– Did you do your research? As the bride you should check online and read their company blog while reading up on customer reviews to see how other couples felt about their service.
Think About You:
– Is this photographer going to work around what you want? It is important to make sure that your photographer is going to work hard in order to capture the moments of your wedding in a way that you desire.
– Do they understand the importance of your family? The photographer should know what they are working with this includes family politics and height differences.
– Are you sure you want this personal following you around on your big day? You should feel confident in your photographer and their skills.
If you have found a photographer that fits into these preliminary qualifications, you are on the right track to finding the right photographer for you. Once these primary factors have been moved out of the way it should be much easier to make your final decision.