A hangnail is an annoying problem. It is a small piece of torn cuticle that is often painful. They are caused by dryness or bad manicures. They can also be caused by exposure to harsh chemicals, such as pine sol.
Hangnails can become infected and mar the beauty of your nails. It can cause both swelling and redness. Fortunately, there are several ways to get rid of this irritating problem. Here are a few ways:
Honey is a natural humectant that attracts and retains moisture. It softens the torn cuticle and reduce any inflammation. Its antibacterial properties help avoid hangnail infection.
1. Apply a small amount of honey on the affected area.
2. Leave it on for a few hours to soften the cuticles.
3. Repeat daily until the hangnail is gone.
Almonds are high in vitamin E content and fatty acids. They help heal the hangnail, reduce swelling, and inflammation.
1. Soak a few almonds in water overnight.
2. The next morning, peel and grind them.
3. Mix them with one beaten egg yolk and a little honey.
4. Apply the mixture on your hands and put on cotton gloves.
5. Leave it on overnight, and rinse it off the next morning.
6. Repeat a few times a week.
Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil softens and moistens the nail beds. It also facilitates healing of the skin tear and removes the infection
1. Apply pure vitamin E oil on the hand.
2. Leave it on until it is absorbed completely.
3. Reapply several times a day.
Top 10 Home Remedies. Home Remedies For Hangnails.
Wikihow. How To Get Rid Of Hangnails.
How Stuff Works. Hangnail Tips And Treatments. Author: Sarah Siddons.
How To Remove That. How To get Rid Of Hangnails.
IHomeRemedy. How To Get Rid Of Hangnails Fast: 2 Ways.