As it turns out VLC Media Player is not only great for playing video, but it can can cut and trim any videos too. VLC will allow you to select a certain part of your video and cut it out saving point A to point B to your PC.
Perform simple to more complex video cut and trim tasks without installing unnecessary and additional video software, VLC gives users the tools necessary to allow you to trim your videos to save your favorite parts all in-house in an application that’s most likely already residing in your start menu. To save precious space on your smartphone or portable device, just save your favorite parts and leave out the rest. Easily share video clips and snippets with friends and family via the Internet.
Guide to cut or trim a video using VLC Media Player:
1. From your VLC screen, using the menu bar go to View > Advanced Controls.
2. Recording toggles will then appear above the playing mode buttons.
3. Choose and select a video file to cut.
4. Click the record button to mark your selected start frame.
5. Play or move the video frame by frame using the “Frame by Frame” for more accuracy when selecting your ending point.
6. Your trimmed video will be saved to your “My Videos” within your Documents folder in Windows.