If you are looking for a healthy or vegan alternative to commercial dog treats, then why not try this easy, recipe that your dog is sure to love? These pumpkin & parsley treats are packed with flavor and health benefits!
- 2 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Soy Milk
- 1/2 cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Brown Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flaxseed meal and pumpkin to smooth. (Note: 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal plus 3 Tablespoons warm water is equivalent to 1 egg)
- Stir in dry soy milk, sea salt, and dried parsley
- Gradually add brown rice flour, to form a stiff, dry dough
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface (if dough is still rough, briefly kneed and press to combine)
- Use cookie cutter to cut shapes into dough, gathering and re-rolling scraps as you go. Dog bone cookie cutters work great .
- Place shapes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, turn over and bake additional 20 minutes
- Allow to cool
*Makes about 50 small biscuits or 75 medium biscuits