I was always scared to make frosting for my desserts because I just assumed it was hard. My mom always tried to get me to make my own frosting but I always refused. But one Sunday afternoon she convinced me to try making a simple basic frosting and we had a blast making it. It didn’t take us long at all to experiment and come up with a really simple and easy recipe. This is our recipe that we came up with and I hope you enjoy it too. Happy eating!
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- Food coloring, optional (I always use pink coloring because it’s my favorite color, but you chose your own color.)
- With a mixer on low speed, combine unsalted butter and vanilla extract until it’s creamy.
- Beat in confectioners’ sugar and mix well until it’s smooth like frosting. (Because we are actually making frosting, so this makes sense to be smooth like frosting…right?)
- If you desire, add any color of food coloring of your choice.(Again I like pink…but whatever you prefer! A color isn’t necessary.)
- Enjoy, but don’t eat it all at once, like everyone wants too! Pace yourself, don’t get sick.)