The 2014 swimsuit season is about to begin with some exciting trends to please different body types and tastes. This year’s trends include vintage colors, digital prints, high waist bikini bottoms, ruffles, cutouts and mismatched bikini separates. There is something for everyone.
Bikinis are mixed, bling covered and groovy in 2014
- Like the top of one swimsuit and the bottom of another. Now wearing mismatched sets on the beach is trendy. Victoria Secret has a great assortment of mix and match bikini separates.
- The Triple Crown Top in Capri Blue in the Beach Bunny collection combines cutouts and bling for an eye-catching suit like. This is a high-end suit, $125 for top or bottom.
- Fringe, crochet and string are going to be gracing many a beach body this summer according to Bikini.com.
One Piece, Vintage, with Cutouts or Sophisticated Flare
- GYPSY MOON BANDEAU RUFFLE ONE PIECE STYLE # ARJX100006 at $78.00 is a ruffled top; crochet one piece in a vintage style is available, at Roxy.com.
- FOREVER SEXY ONE-SHOULDER MONOKINI has all the new accents to make the grade this year. This is a one piece, one shoulder with side cutouts and chunky bling at the hips. Available at Victoria secret for $72.50
Digital Prints and Vintage color
- Garden Admiral by MAAJI is a perfect mix of vintage print with a ruffle top bikini to accent a small bust.
- Lucky Brand Printed Embroidered Tankini Top & Hipster Bikini Bottom has the print and cutout design with the versatility of buying the top and bottom separate. Attractive for many body types is available at Macys.com.
- Slimming Halter One-Piece by Venus is a halter with a geo design on the top that ties behind the neck and back with black on the bottom. Body flattering especially for large busts this halter swimsuit is available in different colors and print for $76.
The trending swimsuits this year are vintage inspired, but sleek and modern in design. Let your inner hippy out with psychedelic prints and fringes, go with 1970s inspired crochet and peek a boo cutouts, or a two piece vintage with a high waist bottom, two piece or ultra-modern digital print halter one piece. Buy one or more to create the look you wish to present. Add some bling with a nice cover-up and you are good to go at all the trendy beaches or pool parties this summer.
More by Jackie Moore Wagner:
Creating Perfect Red Lips
10 Makeup Brush Recommendations for on-the-go Women
Creating Memorable Family Photos: Five Easy Tips