Coughing is usually associated with the common cold. It can cause an itchy throat and even chest pain. Coughing can be treated using effective home remedies. Here are a few great remedies below:
Thyme treats upper respiratory infections, such as coughs and bronchitis. It also helps reduce inflammation.
1. Add two teaspoons of crushed thyme leaves, to a cup of boiling water.
2. Let it steep, for 10 minutes.
3. Strain it and add honey.
4. Drink it several times, throughout the day.
Turmeric relieves a dry cough. It also reduces pain and swelling of the throat.
1. Add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder, to a cup of warm milk.
2. Drink it daily, for relief.
1. Add a half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and table salt, to hot water.
2. Use it as a throat gargle, to experience relief from coughing.
Garlic helps prevent colds and lessens their symptoms. It also helps you cough up mucus and bacteria. Garlic even soothes your throat.
1. Crush about 5 cloves of peeled garlic.
2. Sautée it in a teaspoon of ghee.
3. Drink it, while it is still warm.
Ginger treats a cough and sore throat. It also helps to thin the mucus.
1. Chop ginger into fine pieces.
2. Then, add it to one cup of hot water.
3. Strain it and add one teaspoon of honey.
4. Drink it daily, for quick results.
Mother Nature Network. 10 Natural Cough Remedies. Author: Melissa Breyer.
The Health Site. How To Get Instant Relief From Cough. Author: Anusuya Suresh.
How Stuff Works. 9 Home Remedies For Coughs. Author: Editors Of Consumer Guide.
Reader’s Digest. 6 Natural Cough Remedies.