The vast majority of heroes that can be recruited in Marvel: Avengers Alliance are characters that are or were part of the Avengers in the Marvel comics. There are exceptions, though most of the exceptions are either based on movie tie-in characters or come from the X-Men universe. Most, but not all of the past and present Avengers are represented in the game, though there are a few notable missing names. The following are the five heroes that most deserve to be available to be recruited in Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
5. Members of Young Justice – Technically this is four heroes, but none deserves credit any more or any less than the other. The members of this group all honor a hero that is a full Avenger and each has earned honorary membership in the comics. Since Young Justice won’t get a movie any time soon, the best way to introduce these heroes would be through PvP. It would be nice to see Hawkeye (Kate Bishop), Hulkling, Speed, and Wiccan added to the roster over the course of approximately eight months.
4. Nova – This character is likely dead in the comic book continuity, though death is such a nebulous things in comic books there is little way to be sure. Whether or not he is dead, though, he deserves a representation on the team. Nova is essentially an intergalactic peace keeper and since his powers come from his uniform, any incarnation of Nova could be created for the game. While he isn’t directly associated with Guardians of the Galaxy, assuming the game has a special operation associated with the movie, which it almost certainly would, that would be a good time to release the character.
3. Sentry – Sentry is essentially Superman with a multiple personality disorder. His light side has physical powers that are basically without par, while his dark side has equally powerful reality shaping powers. When he controls himself, he is practically a golden god, but when he loses control, all should beware. He would obviously need to be powered down to fit the game, but a good design similar to Agent Venom where he needed to use weaker powers, or risk going insane, would work well in the game and make him a very unique character.
2. Sharon Carter – This is one of the most likely contenders to actually join in late 2014 or early 2015. A Sharon Carter television series has already been announced and it wouldn’t be much of a leap for her to join the cast of heroes as a means of promoting the show. Her code name in the Avengers is Agent 13, which would match well with Agent Venom and it has already been proven with characters like Hawkeye and Black Widow that a character doesn’t have to have super powers to be a viable hero in the Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
1. Power Woman – The most deserving hero to join the list of potential recruits is Power Woman, aka Jessica Jones. She has a cool costume and simple powers that could be easily represented in game. In fact, a simple character would be nice after the slew of over complicated characters that have been added as time goes on. Since she is the wife of Luke Cage, hopefully he will earn a re-factor at the same time they add her, essentially adding two characters to the game at the same time.