Borderlands 2 has six playable characters each with unique skills and play styles. Choosing between these characters can be difficult, especially if the only information you have about them is the brief blurb of game text. Most players will love playing as some characters and hate playing as others. If you want to improve your play experience, you should choose a character that fits you like a glove. The following are the top five reasons to play as Krieg the Psycho in Borderlands 2.
5. Silence the Voices – One of the last skills in the Mania skill tree for Krieg is one of the most entertaining skills in the game. It vastly increases your melee damage but also gives you a chance to hit yourself when you make melee attacks. It is ridiculous, dangerous, and even a little stupid, but there really is nothing more fun than running around hacking at people and occasionally hitting yourself in the face. In fact, there is a good chance you will kill yourself, but you are a psycho. If a little bit of psychosis appeals to you, this is your vault hunter.
4. “Bathe in the meat chunks!” – Speaking of psychosis, Krieg spends most of game screaming various insanities at everyone and everything. Unless you turn the voice acting off, you will hear these quotes all the time. He pretty much only screams and most of his ranting is nearly gibberish, but it is hilarious gibberish, if you enjoy that kind of crazy. Game play isn’t everything. The visual and audio experiences are important, too, and Krieg has the most visceral audio experience of any character in Borderlands 2.
3. Kill Skills – Killing enemies is pretty much the focus of the game, but Krieg takes it to a whole new level. His Bloodlust skill tree has more kill skills than any other skill tree in the game, by a good margin. Not even the Zero the Assassin has as many kill skills in all three skill trees combined. This plethora of kill skills creates a play experience that focuses on killing quickly and recklessly in order to take advantage of the benefits of this tree. If you enjoy rampant slaughter with little thought to defense, this is your hero of choice.
2. Fire, Fire, Fire – Lots of characters in the game have affinities to various elements, but Krieg is the one that specializes in fire. He likes to ignite everyone, most particularly himself. He has an entire skill tree devoted to lighting himself on fire and then burning down everyone and everything around him. The game takes on a whole new perspective when your view is wreathed in flames the majority of the time. If you enjoy burning things to the ground, this is your man.
1. Melee All The Time – Most people who play Borderlands 2 like to shoot things, but a rare few prefer to get up close and personal. This character is basically the only one in the game with any real skill in melee combat. In fact, if you devote enough ranks to the Mania tree, you can probably do nothing but fight in melee for the majority of the game. Only flying enemies will force you to pull out a gun. This isn’t an easy choice, but it is surprisingly effective and entirely changes the game experience. There is no question that Krieg is the best character in the game when it comes to a pure melee experience.