I once discounted all the makeup brushes, eschewed extra wands and tools. A waste of money, I thought. Makeup brushes are actually so useful that I don’t know how I did my makeup properly without them. Earth Day and beyond, I think Green year round, and my must-have top five makeup brushes reflect this.
The Brushes You Need
Yes, need. Even a set of 5 makeup brushes will cover your powder, blush, shadow, contour, and flat shading which are vital to a polished beauty look.
1. ecoTOOLS® Large Powder Brush – Powder sets a smooth canvas for your makeup without smothering your skin and clogging pores. You must start your makeup this way for a great base, and this is the makeup brush you need. Eco-friendly bamboo handle and recycled steel head, the number of bristles are as fun to play with as use. On the brush’s page you’ll find videos how to best use this brush, too.
2. Bdellium Tools Pink Bambu Slanted Contour Brush – Once your canvas is ready, play up the dramatic shadows of your face with a bronzer and this slanted contour brush. Pay attention to under cheekbones, the jaw line, and other areas that naturally attract dramatic shadow. The angle on this 100% cruelty free, vegan, hypoallergenic and bamboo handled brush make it easy.
3. Sonia Kashuk Bamboo Chic Flat Shader Brush – A good shader brush like this one will help you add specific flat shadow and highlight to areas of your face that need just a bit more contrast – a definite favorite for eye creases as well.
4. Beauty Blender – Once my areas of color are set, blending the hard lines is my next step. It helps everything look more natural, and the powder base will keep the blended color in place. The Beauty Blender does this easy, ergonomically, and without no latex.
5. Bdellium Tools Pink Bambu Large Shadow Brush – In typical Bdellium style with vegan soft bristles, bamboo handles, and boasting both hypoallergenic cleanliness and 100% cruelty free conscience, the large shadow brush is everything you need to finish your face off right (before putting on the final touches of mascara and lipstick of course). All it takes is a sweeping brush or two to create a dramatic base color on your lids that the shadow’s included brushes will fill in nicely. Just make sure you use the blender once you’re done for a set and perfectly glam look!