Every hero has different strengths and weaknesses in the Facebook game Marvel: Avengers Alliance. Plenty of heroes have a single ability that can provide some sort of beneficial status effect to that hero or the team, but very few have multiple such abilities. In fact, a few heroes are so focused on support that they essentially abandon all offense in order to defend and build up allies. The following are the top five best support heroes in Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
5. Falcon – Falcon provides some excellent support, but much of it is difficult to use. His best support ability grants rising up to all heroes and activates lead the charge which grants an additional action to his allies at the cost of his next action. The loss of an action limits his ability to provide support. His other two support abilities are Sky-High and Ground Control. The former grants combat awareness to his team and the latter grants epiphany. Both increase damage for his team in different ways and can be used every single round if you want. Overall, he offers plenty of nice offensive status effects, but almost no defense at all.
4. Angel – Angel is similar to Falcon, except his attack which grants rising up to his team doesn’t also activate lead the charge. He does have the ability to use lead the charge, but that is a separate attack and it is a quick action, which means he basically doesn’t lose the action. Angel bests Falcon in two other ways as well. First, he has an attack that can apply a buff to the team that boosts all stats and stacks with rising up. Second, he can heal health and stamina for one ally and briefly grant that ally a resurrection buff. It is a great combination of abilities that really only has one flaw. He essentially has no unique abilities.
3. Spiral – In order for Spiral to be a truly effective support hero, she needs the Rhythmic Empowered ISO which lets her use any of her dances without first setting up the dance with a different power. Between these dances, she can grant rising up, epiphany, or buildup to all allies. The latter randomly grants up to two different types of regeneration, two different types of stamina recovery, and a shield. Also, all three of these powers put negative status effects on the enemies which effectively helps protect and buff your allies. Epiphany is the only non-random buff, but a buildup, in particular, is so good that it is worth using despite the random chance. And Macabre Fandango, which grants rising up and puts pressure points on enemies, has a chance of activating for free any time Spiral is attacked. The ability to buff heroes as a defensive reaction is rare and makes her a particularly good support hero.
2. Omega Sentinel – If Omega Sentinel could only act once per round, she would be a marginal support hero at best. But since she acts twice per round, she is quite excellent. She can grant each of the main four stat increasing buffs to her entire team with her powers and if there is a blaster among the enemies, she can potentially grant all but one of those buffs in a single round. Additionally, she can grant mirror image to her team and regenerative healing that also removes all negative status effects. Finally, she can act as a bodyguard for both single target and area attacks. This is a great combination of support abilities and her ability to act twice a round gives her the flexibility to provide support and offense at the same time.
1. Rescue – Rescue is almost unique among heroes because she provides support with both powers and her special ability. At the start of every team member’s turn, that hero has a chance to remove a random negative status effect. This is particularly useful in PvP battles. Additionally, with Reconstruction Matrix, Rescue can grant a shield to every member of the team that heals at the start of that teammate’s turn. This power also grants the fortified buff. Her other main support power is Protector Protocol, which makes her bodyguard against all attacks against allies, preemptively creates a shield when she is attacked, and applies magnetized to attacking enemies. Combined with Status Reset, which removes all negative status effects from her and all positive status effects from enemies as a quick action, she is by far the most defensive support hero in the game.