During every PvP Season of Marvel: Avengers Alliance you can earn a new piece of agent equipment by reaching at least Diamond League status by the end of the season. Equipment released in this manner is also available by winning incursion battles in season 2. So, even if you miss the initial release, you can potentially get the item later. Not all pieces of agent equipment are made equally. Some are significantly better than others. The following are the top five best pieces of agent equipment from PvP seasons.
5. Savant’s Spear – Once second to only the top item on this list, this spear has lost value as new equipment has been released. Despite this, it still manages to be one of the best pieces of equipment available. It has two benefits, both of which are amazing in PvE and moderately good in PvP. The first ability puts a shield around every member of your team at the start of a battle. This makes it much easier to gain a perfect strategy bonus, even when you don’t act first. Additionally, the spear applies generalized on attack, which is often a game changer in boss battles where you are forced to bring a hero with a bad class.
4. Beyond Corp Can Opener – This piece of agent equipment is wonderful in PvP, but doesn’t quite hold up in PvE. The main value of it is that it applies shield breaker and mechanical stress to the target hit. The latter, especially can cripple in PvP where heroes often rely on a specific power to attack with. In PvE, either the AI ignores this ability or enemies simply have too many abilities. Similarly, enemies rarely use shields in PvE. If you are looking for good PvP gear against enemies that tend to spam abilities, this is a powerful choice of equipment.
3. Nanite Inductive Nailgun – This weapon is an absolute lifesaver when the random number generator is being generous to you. It has a chance of counter attacking any time the agent is attacked and whenever this weapon fires, your agent gains a protective shield. It is not uncommon for the Nanite Inductive Nailgun to provide your agent with constant protection that is never pierced by an attack. Because shields don’t stack, this is a poor piece of equipment to wield if you are using shields with special powers, like the Magnetic Field created by Magneto, but otherwise it is one of the best items in the game for keeping your agent alive during long battles.
2. Mystic – Combined with the Savant’s Spear, this weapon practically assures a perfect strategy bonus in any but the hardest PvP battles. With this weapon equipped, your entire team is immune to negative status effects for the first round of any battle. This benefit can be stripped, but almost no enemies in PvE strip status effects. In PvP there is a moderate chance you will lose this benefit before the first round is complete, but if you do, you have probably forced your opponent to use a good item like the Scroll of Angolob earlier than is efficient. And, since plenty of heroes don’t have the ability to strip buffs, this benefit will often prevent first rounds stun attacks. As an added bonus, the Mystic causes the target hit by it to be unable to use tech abilities for a round. With one notable exception, the vast majority of agent gear is tech which makes this essentially an every round stun against some agents.
1. Scroll of Angolob – The snidely named Scroll of Angolob is by far the best agent equipment to ever be released during a PvP season. As a quick action, this scroll removes all negative status effects from your team and strips all positive status effects from your enemies. Hero specific effects like Might of Mjolnir are immune to this and some negative status effects like despair can’t be removed, but the vast majority of effects are. This essentially wipes the slate clean, potentially all but negating an entire round or two worth of enemies attacks. And, since it is a quick action, you don’t even lose your turn taking this action. This is the dominant piece of agent gear in PvP, limiting which heroes are even potentially viable and is considered critical in PvE as well. If you don’t already own this, find an incursion that can drop it and farm that incursion until it drops.