Every hero has different strengths and weaknesses in the Facebook game Marvel: Avengers Alliance. Magic using heroes are a special breed in Marvel: Avengers Alliance. Certain special abilities and powers specifically interact with magic powers in unusual ways. Due to this, it is useful to have at least one very good magic using hero in your roster. The following are the top five best magic heroes in Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
5. Modern Dr. Strange – Modern Dr. Strange is surprisingly effective, given that he has been a hero since the game began. Even having received updated abilities after his initial release, he still uses relatively outdated mechanics. Those mechanics just happen to work together well. He has a single target attack that deals good damage and an area attack that applies dark void to all enemies. Both of these attacks also apply bane, which makes him very good when teamed with other magic wielding heroes. Additionally, he gains stacks of Mystic Energy from attacking and from enemy attacks. These restore stamina each round and when he has three he can use any power except Bolts of Balthakk as a quick action. Finally, Dr Strange can heal and shield allies, the latter as both an action and as a special ability that can activate preemptively before an attack.
4. Nico Minoru – Nico is unusual because she effectively has ten different powers, eight of which can only be used once per battle. Her first power, Witch Arm, deals quite impressive damage and applies bane to enemies while applying bleeding to her. This may sound like a bad deal, but she takes reduced damage from bleeding and deals additional damage per stack of bleeding on her. Her most important ability though is her ability to resurrect the first time she is reduced to 0 health. When this happens, she loses all negative status effects and acts twice per round for the remainder of the battle. The flexibility of her other eight powers makes her good in almost any battle, but her effective inability to use any of them more than once also limits her in long battles.
3. Scarlet Witch – Scarlet Witch is a hero that gets better and better the longer the battle lasts. She is also one of those rare heroes that can completely turn a battle around with a single power. To begin with, Hex Spheres is a nearly incomparably good power that hits all enemies and puts hexed on them. This is rare debuff that can completely prevent an attack, not just weaken the attack in some way. Additionally, she has a power that can reverse negative status effects on her team and turn damage into healing. The power randomly fails but she can equip an ISO that makes it work 100% of the time. Her real power, though, is Probability Field. This power puts random positive status effects on her team and random negative status effects on the enemy. The right status effects can turn a hopeless battle into an easy victory. It means you are relying on random chance, but the more times you can use it in a battle, the more likely that chance is on your side. If a battle lasts at least six rounds, Probability Field usually assures a victory.
2. Magik – Magik is by far the most offensive of any magic using hero, even surpassing Dr. Doom, despite his ability to act twice per round. Her basic attack, Soul Sword, deals incredibly high damage, applies bane, gives her a stack of Soul Charge, and gives her a high chance to avoid and counter the next attack against her with Stepping Disc. Stepping Disc is almost equally amazing, since it is stealthy, never misses, gives her a stack of Soul Charge, deals comparable damage, and applies Pressure Points. Once she has two stacks of Soul Charge, she can either use Unleash Hell to put three ongoing damage effects on all enemies, one of which strips all positive status effects, or she can use Soulflare which is a single target attack that has paragon exploiter and exploits attrition. All of this massive damage is simply improved by a special ability that causes her to randomly summon Eyebites that deal damage when she attacks and to that grants her entire team random fire damage as a follow-up or counterattack.
1. Spiral – As impressive as the other heroes are, they all have weaknesses. Magik is focused almost entirely on offense, Scarlet Witch relies on random chance, Nico can’t meaningfully reuse many of her powers, and Dr. Strange doesn’t have any show stopping abilities. Spiral, on the other hand, has amazing diversity, multiple top tier abilities, and no artificial limit on how often she can use them. Some of her abilities do rely on luck, but she can use them more often than Scarlet Witch. To fully max out her potential, you want to equip her with the Rhythmic Empowered ISO, which makes her dance powers easier to use. Even without it, she can apply depowered to a single enemy every single round. That ability alone makes her amazing. Furthermore, she has a chance to use Macabre Fandango, a power that applies Rising Up to her team and Pressure Points to all enemies, whenever she is attacked. She can also use the power actively on her turn. Her other dances can apply Weak Point, Breakdown, or Disoriented to enemies and Epiphany, Mirror Image, or Buildup to her team. Finally, she even has a chance to gain an extra action when attacked. No other magic character is half as versatile or effective.