During every PvP season in the Facebook game Marvel: Avengers Alliance, Playdom releases a new hero. This hero is earned for free if you reach Adamantium League by the end of the season. If you don’t, you can purchase the hero for 135 command points approximately one month after the league is complete. Obtaining the hero through PvP is incredibly difficult, which means you will likely have to purchase the hero. At such a high cost you will want to be careful about which heroes you spend your command points on. The following are top five Adamantium League heroes in Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
5. Red Hulk – Red Hulk is essentially a risky version of Captain America. He can activate a protection stance every single round that drains health and stamina from any enemy that attacks him and reduces the damage he takes from attacks. This is even better than Captain America who can only protect every other round. The reason Red Hulk is risky is that every time he is hit with an attack he heats up and eventually he explodes damaging all enemies and allies, while stunning himself. This makes him a solid choice in PvE where you have rather solid control over his heat, but he is a dangerous choice in PvP. Captain America is still considered the better protecting hero due to his WWII outfit, but Red Hulk is a legitimate alternative.
4. X-23 – The main benefit of X-23 is access to her alternate Horseman of War uniform. The Warbringer Axe is considered one of the best pieces of agent gear in the game because it grants the Warbringer special ability to every member of your team. This uniform also provides the same benefit if you’ve never managed to get your hands on the axe or on Hulk’s alternate outfit. And that is the key point. Horseman of War X-23 is slightly better than World War Hulk and base X-23 is slightly better than base Hulk. If you don’t have a bleeding team, she isn’t really worth it, but if you do, she has a solid selection of powers and abilities.
3. Cable – Cable isn’t necessarily a top tier character, but he is close in both PvP and PvE. One power is what makes him a worthy choice in almost any setting: Time Shift. The ability to grant a free action to an ally significantly increases your chance of a perfect strategy bonus in PvE and in PvP this simply means one of your other two characters will act twice every other round. This is potentially game changing and the rest of his abilities aren’t too shabby, either. His biggest drawback is that he is a blaster, which is arguably the weakest class in the Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
2. Spiral – Spiral is an incredibly flexible character who, quite honestly, never has enough actions available to her. But her main benefit is simple. She can apply depowered to an enemy every single round. This status effect absolutely cripples almost every boss in the game as well as most PvP characters. If she were any class other than an infiltrator, she would almost certainly be the best Adamantium League hero ever released. But, unfortunately, her weakness against scrappers is a little too crippling.
1. Deadpool – The best Adamantium League hero is also the first ever released. Deadpool has a power set that doesn’t seem too impressive, but once you manage to acquire some of his unique ISOs, it really clicks in. In addition, he has special abilities that, while random, can completely neuter any opponent. When fully powered, he is constantly healing and counterattacking while putting random debuffs on nearly all enemies. The enemy can’t afford to ignore him and suffers for attacking him. It is a great combination and, as an added bonus, his animations and flavor text are loads of fun.