I absolutely love decorating Easter Eggs. Every year I search the net looking for new ideas. After viewing the web for ideas, I noticed the trend this year is mostly keeping it simple. These days everyone is pressed for time, but that doesn’t mean we should skimp on having some beautifully decorated eggs for this Easter holiday, or skimp on the fun in making them.
Bold and Beautiful
If you’re looking for something a little more colorful, check out the Stained Glass Egg idea from Pink and Green Mama’s blog. While I love the look the paint gives it, I found I could do this with just using sharpies also.
Stained Glass Eggs Materials:
- Black Sharpie or other similar marker, also colors of your choice
- White boiled egg (can use others but the colors may not come out as bold)
- With the black marker, draw off any pattern you’d like, leaving open areas that can be colored in. It might help to do this in pencil first, and then go over it a few times with the black marker.
- Color in the open areas as you’d like.
Simple and Elegant
I fell in love with the idea of having a lacey pattern on my eggs, there’s just something about lace that says spring to me. I thought the ones I found at MarthaStewart.com were just beautiful and not too difficult to make. However, I also loved the simplicity and beauty of the ones I found over at Stylish Eve.
Ribbons & Lace Eggs Materials:
- Boiled eggs
- Egg dye of your choice (or none if you’re using naturally colored eggs like brown eggs)
- Lace and ribbon
- Craft glue
- Dye the eggs if you’d like and let them dry fully.
- Take the ribbon and / or lace and measure around the area of the egg you’d like to apply it. Cut the length.
- Spread glue evenly on the backside of the lace and ribbon then apply it to the egg and let dry.
Modern and Stylish
You can’t go wrong with taking a modern and stylish approach and simplistic black and white eggs like the ones I found over at Trendzona.com. Chevron, spirals and tribal patterns or simple words and phrases are just some of the ideas you can use.
Black and White Eggs Materials:
- Black Sharpie or other similar marker
- White boiled egg
- Embellishments (optional) : black ribbon, silver sequins, mini black white or silver jewel accents, etc. (and craft glue to apply them if you choose this option)
- Draw your pattern, write a phrase, or other design on the white shell.
- If you’d like use some embellishments to ‘jazz’ it up a bit by gluing them on in places you choose.