Global warming is the unnatural rise of temperature in the Earth’s climate system. Since the industrial age began, the temperature of Earth’s climate system has been dangerously rising. It may seem that the war against global warming is just restricted to the world governments and only scientists can find the cure to reduce global warming. But, there are ways common citizens of the world can help in the fight against global warming. Here are the top 5 ways you can help reduce global warming:
Top 5 Ways You Can Help Reduce Global Warming
5. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – Staying away from disposable products as much as possible and choosing to use recycled products will help in reducing global warming. Choosing to recycle recyclable products will also help in the fight against global warming. Not all trash can be recycled; reducing the amount of non-recyclable products being used is a smart way to help limit the amount non-recyclable waste.
4. Use Less Heat and Air Conditioning – Turning off the thermostat when you are not at home will help you save money and, most importantly, will help you conserve energy consumption. Right before you go to sleep, it would be best to make sure you lower the thermostat to conserve energy too. Weather proofing your home with insulation, weather strips, and caulking will help reduce energy consumption.
3. Conserve Energy – There are many ways to conserve energy to help reduce global warming. For starters though, making sure all the small electric appliances are turned off when not in use will help to conserve valuable energy. (dosomething.org)
2. Plant a Tree – By planting a tree or two in your front yard or back yard will help in the fight to reduce global warming. You might wonder how planting a tree(s) on your property can help the climate from warming. Most people know that trees produce Oxygen, but they also absorb a large amount of Carbon Dioxide throughout their lifetime as well. By planting a tree(s) on your property, your tree will help deplete the amount of Carbon Dioxide that pollutes the atmosphere. (environment.about.com)
1. Reduce Fossil Fuel Use – Fossil fuel consumption is the number one source of pollution caused by human activity. Fossil fuel by itself does not pollute the air, but when it is burned it emits Carbon Dioxide into the atmosphere. The Carbon Dioxide gets trapped in the atmosphere and unnaturally warms the climate in the process. Carbon Dioxide is also responsible for depleting the Ozone Layer. Trying to use less oil and gas will help reduce fossil fuel consumption. Using alternative energy sources can also help fight the battle against global warming.