Gambling for money or possessions is a dangerous venture to get involved with. The allure of winning big money and things is what keeps people drawn to gambling. But, people fail to realize that gambling can also make them lose big. Here are the top 5 reasons not to gamble:
Top 5 Reasons Not to Gamble
5. Gambling is Addictive – Gambling gives hopeful thinking that a person can win a lot of money in a short amount of time. The addiction caused from gambling comes into play when the person who is gambling wins some but loses some too. When the person loses some, he or she has the urge to try to win the money back and to also win big money too. The problem with this thinking is that the person who is in the hole bets again and usually gets in a bigger hole than before.
4. Gambling Changes Character – Gambling can change a person’s character from being a relaxed and upbeat person to a person who is on edge and is negative about things. The person who gambles turns into a person who has gambling on his or her mind and nothing else; their whole world is wrapped around gambling.
3. Gambling Causes Stress – Gambling causes the person to become stressful. The person who gambles used to be relaxed, but now is stressed out because he or she is worried about how win the money he or she lost. The person becomes very anxious about how he or she will do in the next gambling venture too. When the gambling person does play the next game, he or she will be stressed during the gambling event. If the gambling person does lose again, only bad things can come of it.
2. Gambling Causes Debt Problems – The person who gambles usually gets into debt. When the person who gambles gets into debt because he or she has lost a bet, he or she has a problem. The gambling person who is in debt will try to find money to fix his or her debt problem and enter into another gambling event. If the gambling player loses the bet, he or she is in even more debt than before – it becomes even more of a problem.
1. Gambling Ruins Relationships – The person who gambles usually has problems with relationships with other people. The relationship problem usually starts with the gambling person asking to borrow money from his or her family or friends. After the family member or friend lends the money to him or her, the gambling player bets the money on a gambling event and loses the bet. Now the gambling person is in debt and can’t pay his or her family member or friend back. The relationship of the gambling person and family member or friend becomes ruined due to the money loss.