5. From heavy-eyed to wide-awake, nothing gets me going like my cup of Joe.
4. The routine “please” and “thank-you’s” exchanged (well, nine times out of ten) during my interaction with the barista start my day on familiar, pleasantly sociable terms.
3. As the cliché goes, diversity is the spice of life, and I’m thankful there are two equally pleasurable ways to drink coffee. Namely, a refreshing iced coffee during the sweltering summer and a body-warming hot coffee during those bone-chillingly cold Connecticut winter mornings.
2. Coffee makes boring tasks more bearable. As far as I am concerned, learning organic chemistry nomenclature for the first time this semester has been enhanced through drinking coffee.
1. The taste and smell of the coffee bean is exquisite!