If you coupon, then you know how much money a person or family can save. Heck, you can even get free items. Walmart has paid me more than once to take items off their shelves and bring them home. I love getting free stuff, and getting paid to go home with it. If you are new to couponing, this is called an overage. However, if you live in Maine couponing is challenging.
Here are the top 5 reasons that couponing in Maine is challenging:
- Walmart is the only store in the state that will pay overages. Unlike other states, if you live in Maine you have one store, and I truly mean only one store that will pay overages. Having only one option to get paid for bringing items home is rather challenging especially in state that the big box stores are spread out in.
- Maine has an extremely small supply of large grocery stores. Other states have groceries stores that you can coupon at such as Kroger and Albertsons. In Maine you have Hannaford, IGA and Walmart. I am not kidding. And, on top of that, good luck finding BOGOS or even coupon matchups for IGA.
- Hannaford is our largest grocery store in this state, and it is expensive. Yes, we do have Super Walmarts, but I am talking about a grocery store only. Shopping at Hannaford can drain your bank account quickly. They have the largest selection of novelty food; however, you pay for it. If you are couponing to save money, you have to pay attention to what you purchase at Hannaford.
- Drug stores are spread out in Maine. Depending upon where you live in this state you may or you may not have access to CVS or Walgreens. However, most areas in the state have a Rite Aid. Drug stores are amazing when you want to coupon. You can save tons of money by shopping at drug stores with coupons. However, when you only have one drug store to choose from, saving money becomes a challenge.
- Maine does not have a lot of couponers. Why would you want to live somewhere where there are a lot of couponers? The answer is simple; you can trade coupons that you don’t use for coupons that you will use.
Now that you know the odds of couponing in Maine, you can make the most out of your experience. I coupon in Maine and coupon successfully, but it takes planning. I hope the tips in this article help you with your couponing adventure.