When it comes to staying informed on the latest Autism research or finding someone’s journey that you can relate to podcasts can be a great way to stay connected to the Autism community and keep yourself up-to-date on current issues. Here are five podcasts relating to Autism that you should check out:
- NPR News: The NPR News features the latest research and news related to Autism in short news podcasts. The NPR podcasts on Autism share interesting, informative news that is not overly drawn out.
- Rethink Autism: The Rethink Autism podcasts are not as up to date as some of the other podcasts listed here (the most recent is August 2012) but the 20 previous podcasts available offer some great tips, ideas, and resources for families who have a child on the Autism Spectrum.
- Autism Matters Podcast Series: In this series Dr. Laura Crane shares the latest research in the Autism field through interviews with the researchers offering straightforward information and highlights from the studies.
- Joyriding in Autismland: Autism Podcast with Kid Gigawatt: This podcast of a more lighthearted series featuring interviews with parents, kids, therapists, and more. Joyriding in Autismland focuses on the funny side of Autism and the experiences families have.
- All About Autism Podcast: As the title suggests this podcasts covers all things Autism. The hosts Dave and Heath Eaton offer a fresh, not always politically correct, but entertaining look at different issues relating to Autism.
Whether you are looking to stay informed on autism research or just wanting something interesting to listen to there is something for everyone in one of these five picks. If you have a great Autism podcast you listen to I’d love to know! Send me an email: email@example.com.