A snoring spouse or partner can be very annoying. It can keep you from having a good night’s sleep. It can also make you feel restless or groggy in the morning. If you or your partner struggle with snoring, here are 3 easy ways to help prevent it:
Nasal congestion is one of the main causes of snoring. The best solution for reducing congestion is to inhale steam. Steam will help alleviate it by keeping the breathing passages moist.
1. Pour hot boiling water in a large bowl.
2. Add three or four drops of eucalyptus essential oil or tea tree essential oil.
3. Hold a towel over your head.
4. Inhale the steam deeply through your nose for 10 minutes.
5. Repeat daily before bed, until your congestion clears.
Olive oil soothes the tissues along the respiratory passages. This reduces soreness and swelling to provide a clear passage for air. This also lessen the vibrations in the throat and stops the snoring.
1. Take two or three sips of olive oil before bed daily
1. Combine one-half teaspoon of olive oil and honey.
2. Drink it daily before bed.
Garlic controls the symptoms and brings some relief. It helps reduce mucus build-up in the nasal passages. It also reduces inflammation. If snoring is due to sinus blockage, garlic is a way to relieve it.
1. Chew on one to two raw garlic cloves.
2. Then, drink a glass of water.
3. Repeat daily before bed.
Top 10 Home Remedies. How To Stop Snoring.
WebMD. 7 Easy Fixes For Snoring. Author: Linda Melone.
How Stuff Works. 9 Tips to Stop Snoring.
Wikihow. How To Stop Snoring.