Keloid scars can be very embarrassing. They rise above the rest of the skin. They also tend to enlarge progressively and are tender to the touch. Usually, they appear after there has been trauma or damage. They appear after ear piercings, bites, cuts, or scrapes. For the most part, they do not cause pain, but they are itchy.
Because keloid scars are so annoying, many look for ways to get rid of them. It can be quite expensive to get injections or therapy. Therefore, home remedies can be an alternative. Here are 3 home remedies:
Garlic is effective in reducing the appearance of keloid scars. Garlic prevents the excessive growth of fibroblast cells. These cells are responsible for the keloid scar.
1. Crush three or four fresh garlic cloves or use pure garlic oil
2. Apply the crushed garlic or garlic oil on the scar. Leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Pat dry and apply some moisturizing lotion.
4. Follow this remedy once daily, until you see results.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps eliminate fatty deposits under your skin. Its acidic property exfoliates and softens your skin. This reduces the appearance of scars.
1. Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of water in a cup.
2. Use a cotton ball to apply the solution on the affected area.
3. Leave it on for half an hour, and then wash it off with water.
4. Repeat this process up to four times a day, until you see results.
Baking soda encourages healthy skin layer development. It also acts as an abrasive agent and exfoliate the skin. This helps keep it free from dirt, debris, and dead cells.
1. Mix one teaspoon of baking soda and three teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide to make a smooth paste.
2. Apply the mixture on the affected area using a cotton ball.
3. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
4. Repeat four times a day, for about a month.
Top 10 Home Remedies. How To Get Rid Of Keloids.
Wikihow. How To Get Rid Of Keloids.
Top 10 Home Remedies. Home Remedies For Keloids.
My Health Tips. How To Get Rid Of Keloids. Author: Sharib.