Tonsillitis is a highly contagious disease. It can easily spread from person to person. It is usually transmitted through coughing or sneezing.
Tonsillitis is caused by either a viral or bacterial infection. It causes the tonsils to enlarge or swell up. If you are suffering from tonsillitis, here are few ways to help treat it:
Salt Water: Salt water helps soothe the tonsils and kill the virus or bacteria. It also helps reduce the inflammation and provides instant relief. It is best to gargle with warm salt water, throughout the day.
1. Mix one teaspoon of table salt in a cup of warm water.
2. Gargle with the solution and spit the water out.
3. Repeat it for a speedy recovery.
Lemon helps treat the infection and the inflammation. Because it is high in vitamin C, it helps the body resist infections.
1. Squeeze out juice from a lemon.
2. Then, add it to a glass of warm water, along with a little salt and a teaspoon of honey.
3. Drink it twice a day.
Cinnamon inhibits the growth of microbes. It also helps reduce swelling, pain, and inflammation.
1. Add one teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a glass of hot water.
2. Mix in two teaspoons of honey.
3. Drink the mixture up to three times a day, for a week.
Top 10 Home Remedies. Home Remedies For Tonsillitis.
Wikihow. How To Treat Tonsillitis.
Home Remedies For You. Tonsillitis.
Get Healthy Life. How To Get Rid Of Tonsillitis Naturally.