Our Swedish friend Tiny is an amazing cook! We often go to his place and he enjoys whipping up quick meals like this special Penang Curry Chicken Recipe. He learned how to make it from a Thai chef who moved to Sweden.
He has since taught me how to make this delicious Penang Chicken that is better than any take out I have ever eaten. Best yet? This is so easy to make!
Tiny’s Special Penang Curry Chicken Recipe
1 pound of chicken, sliced fine in even 1/2 inch square pieces
2 Cans of Regular Coconut Milk (avoid light)
Between 2-8 Tablespoons of Penang Curry paste-depending on how hot you want it!
3-6 Table spoons of Thai Fish sauce, Nam Pla, depends on how salty you want it
4-6 Tbs spoons of white sugar
1/2 Cup Peanuts , Grounded (not too fine) This Can be replaced by 2T chunky peanut butter
1 bunch (about 1/2 Cup) of Cilantro roughly chopped
1 medium yellow union , sliced in long thin strips
4 T of oil, peanut oil if available
- Slice the chicken into even squares
- Ground the peanuts, and chop the cilantro and onion
- Heat up the the oil in a wok
- At low heat, add 1/2 cup of the coconut milk into the wok along with the amount of Penang curry you want to use
- Dissolve the Penang curry in the coconut cream
- Then add the sliced chicken and stir fry it until the chicken turns white and the coconut milk sticks to the chicken
- Add the rest of the coconut milk and bring to a boil
- Add fish sauce and sugar and peanuts/Peanut butter
- Cook on slow heat until the chicken is cooked, testing the largest piece
- Just a couple of minutes before serving , Add the Cilantro
Serve with Jasmine Rice And topped with the raw sliced unions