Are you looking for some great gluten-free desserts? Here are three delicious recipes to get you started!
1. Gluten Free Caramels: This gluten-free, paleo and vegan-friendly recipe came to my attention when looking online for caramel desserts that didn’t contain corn syrup. I had my doubts at first about using dates as a base for caramel, but the end result was amazingly satisfying. You will want to prepare in advance as there is a three-hour period of refrigeration.
- medjool dates
- coconut milk
- vanilla extract
- unrefined salt
- coconut flour
- cocoa powder and coconut oil or chocolate chips
After pitting the dates, it is recommended that you set them in hot water for at least 15 minutes. I placed the dates, coconut milk, coconut oil, and vanilla into my Ninja food processor until combined. The mixture then has to be placed in the fridge for 3 hours. Then roll the date mixture into balls. Prepare the chocolate coating and dip each ball. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and place the finished product into the freezer to set. For complete instructions visit Empowered Sustenance.
2. Coconut Ice Cream Sundae: This caught my attention because I love coconut and I love ice cream; best of all, it’s gluten-free! This recipe is not only quick and easy, but it even looks great!
- bananas (sliced lengthwise)
- large strawberries (sliced)
- shredded coconut
- olive oil
- marsala wine
- vanilla ice cream
First you will want to toast the coconut and then saute the fruits in the wine and olive oil. Sprinkle the sugar over the fruits and add as a topping to the vanilla icecream with the toasted coconut on top! For complete instructions check out Gluten-Free Week!
3. Almond Butter Brownies: I love this recipe because I love brownies more than any other dessert! It is also a very simple recipe with easy-to-come-by ingredients.
- almond butter
- coconut sugar crystals or honey
- cacao /cocoa powder
- ground chia seeds + 3 Tablespoons water or one farm egg
- baking soda
- sea salt
Mix the chia seeds and water first and then mix in the other ingredients finishing with the almond butter and then the cocoa. Place into a small greased dish and bake! So simple! Get more detailed instructions by visiting Low Starch Paleo!