The toxic life of an addiction relates to me, and all those alcoholics that think we are not hurting anyone but ourselves with drinking and abusing alcohol.
Why do we abuse alcohol? Is it something that lies deep within us that we are afraid to tell anyone? Is it a underlying problem in our life and the only way we know how to deal with the problem is to drink it away?
I have found over the years of my drinking and abusing alcohol that having a problem in your life and trying to drink it away to ease the problem will never work. You may feel somewhat at ease for a hour or so, or while you are drinking your life away, but once that buzz leaves and you are somewhat sober again that problem is staring you right in the face once more. Alcohol fixes nothing in life, in fact it only makes things worse than they really are.
HERE IS HOW TOXIC MY ADDICTION WAS:
- First off, I was not only killing myself slowly, but I put my wife and children through hell each and everyday I drank alcohol.
- Alcohol came before all else in my life.
- I never wanted to go anywhere that alcohol wasn’t being served.
- I was so miserable if I couldn’t drink, but than again, I was miserable when I did drink. I was somewhat funny once I started to drink, but as the alcohol continued to flow down my throat I became another person all together, and became nasty and mean. At least that is what I have been told by the ones that loved and cared for me.
- I couldn’t really see it because I lived in denial for so many years.
So many people that are addicted to alcohol don’t really realize just how toxic their addiction is. Many think drinking and abusing alcohol is just great and they love the feeling alcohol gives them, but when you abuse alcohol like I did, and so many others, this fun time of drinking and getting drunk will indeed turn into an addiction with no way out, unless you the alcoholic does something to change your life.
Don’t let alcohol be toxic in your life and those that love and care for you. I have nothing at all against alcohol and those that drink it, but if you do drink alcohol you can not abuse it and you must drink it responsible. If you are not careful, and you drink and abuse alcohol, it will catch up with you, and then you will be addicted like I was all because I didn’t drink responsible, and I abuse alcohol.
I wasn’t that kind of person that could have a social drink or two and call it a day. No, I drank until I was drunk and couldn’t wait till the next day to start all over again. It was a vicious cycle, not only for me, but every alcoholic out there.
It wasn’t that we woke up one morning and said to ourselves, “I am going to drink and abuse alcohol and then become an alcoholic.” What happens is that this addiction we have sneaks up on us slowly as we abuse this poison, and before we know it we can not live a day without it. Our alcohol demons got us good. We are hooked and addicted!
If your life is toxic, and you know you have a alcohol problem, then do something to change your one and only life you have here on Earth. Get sober, and live the life you so deserve!