The communication plight between couples is far from uncommon. However, if men and women can accept that a perfect relationship does not exist and learn to thrive in a perfectly imperfect relationship, they could possibly bring down the walls of communication that divide them.
Upon asking 15 women and 15 men a series of the same questions this is what most men and women wish their partner knew about them:
1. Most women love affection. It makes them feel safe and secure. Men simply may not realize how important affection is.
2. Most women find men at their sexiest when they are fixing things or holding a baby. Men find women sexy when they can hold an intellectual conversation, dressed in tight clothing or naked.
3. When a girl fantasizes, it’s generally about her man. When a man fantasizes it’s about another woman. Get over it ladies! A fantasy that isn’t acted upon doesn’t hurt anyone.
4. Women want to feel wanted and not taken for granted. Unless a man has a specific reason to call or text, he won’t. Your man thinks about you, but he just doesn’t feel the need to talk/text all the time.
5. It is terrifying for some women to lose their independence. If a man is serious about a woman, he will almost always trade in his independence for the security and comfort the relationship can provide.
6. Most men want more oral sex. Most women don’t perform oral sex very often.
7. If a woman withholds sex it’s because she is not feeling connected. If a man withholds sex, it’s usually because … It’s already over.
8. Most women desire more spontaneity and romance. Most men are creatures of habit.
9. Most women secretly want their man to take the lead. Put your big girl panties on ladies because most men do not want to feel they have to lead in every aspect of the relationship.
10. If a woman doesn’t feel loved and appreciated she will eventually start looking in other directions to fill that void. If a man doesn’t get enough sex, eventually he will seek sex outside the relationship.
Whether it be a breakdown in communication or nonexistent communication, our relationships are only as complicated as we make them and understanding the inner workings of the opposite sex can lead to development of an enhanced communication pattern within your relationship.