Memorial Day weekend can be a lot of fun for the family if you are planning an out-of-town trip or even a visit to the family’s house. Here are the best tips for traveling with kids over Memorial Day weekend.
- Pack the essentials: Every parent knows that when traveling, kids tend to get bored fairly easy. So it’s important to pack (and even over-pack) the two most important essentials: Food and entertainment! Plenty of water, a little juice (because let’s be real, not all kids are going to want water all the time), some snacks, books, and some games(if your child is into video games). This will keep them occupied for as long as it will take to get to your destination.
- Traffic: It’s unlikely that you will be planning a last minute 3 day weekend trip, so plan ahead. Make sure the road you are taking doesn’t have too much traffic or build ups, this includes rush hour time. This will make the trip less boring and it won’t take you hours to get to where you want to be. Plus it will also keep your little ones from being consumed from boredom and will give you a peace of mind.
- Music: Whether you are traveling by plane or by car, music can come in handy when traveling for those long hours. Bring something you and your kids will enjoy, even if that means going old-school and buying a CD player (famously known as MP3’s) and headphones. Just don’t get the batteries! This way, everyone is happy and you won’t have to listen to “Let it go” over and over and over again!
- Clothes: It’s not a secret that kids often have accidents, sometimes. So along with packing they’re clothes to wear the upcoming days, pack something that’s laid back and comfortable for “just in case” moments.
- Disinfecting wipes: The outside world is a very dirty place, and sometimes, kids don’t understand that it’s important to wipe something down or clean their hands before eating or even drinking. Which is why it’s always good to bring wipes with you so you can disinfect things (such as bathroom stalls, tables, and even doors) before touching them. This will protect, not only you, but the kids from getting seriously sick. It may sound silly, but in the end, you’ll thank yourself for having them!
Enjoy your weekend and make sure to always be prepared! You’ll rest easier knowing you have everything you need!