Most people think that salt is bad for them and they use it sparingly. What if salt was actually good for you? That would change a lot of perceptions about it; although it is the type of salt that is in question here. Raw Sea Salt is a far better choice than iodized table salt; raw salt is natural, full of minerals, and is actually great for your health.
Table salt is composed 97.5% of sodium chloride and 2.5% moisture absorbents, and iodine. It is dried out at 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit; this cooking alters the natural chemical structure of the salt. This is processed salt, and is not what nature intended for you to eat.
When you consume this salt your body tries to water it down by pulling moisture from your cells; in order to neutralize it, the body tries to break it down into sodium and chloride ions. It uses 23 times the amount of cell water to do this; this results in excess fluid in your body tissue, which contributes to these conditions:
- Rheumatism, arthritis, and gout
- Kidney and gall bladder stones
Raw Sea Salt
One example of raw sea salt would be Himalayan Salt, which is loaded with 84 trace minerals in a colloidal form, which makes it easily absorbed by the body; some of the main minerals are potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
These high levels of trace minerals promote a balanced mix of electrolytes that help keep your body in a state of homeostasis; this is the balance of chemicals that is good for the body’s function. One easy thing to notice about this salt is that it tastes really good; it has a full spectrum of tastes and flavors and it will make all your foods taste better.
The 3 Benefits of Raw Sea Salt
Raw salt helps with:
- 1. Weight Loss– Raw salt will help create digestive juices while you eat. This will make you digest your food faster, further it will help you prevent build up in the digestive tract; which helps prevent constipation and weight gain. It also helps with the absorption of food particles in your intestinal tract.
- 2. Muscle Spasms– Raw salts contain small amounts of potassium; these trace amounts of potassium help your body absorb it better from your foods. The consumption of this potassium will help prevent muscle spasms, muscle pains, and cramps. Raw salt mixed with spring water, or some lemonade is the ultimate sports drink. An added benefit for athletes is that it will generate hydroelectric energy in the cells of your body.
- 3. Beauty– Taking a raw salt bath will help relieve dry and itchy skin, and serious conditions like eczema and psoriasis. These baths open up the pores, create greater circulation in the skin and they hydrate the tissues -so that your skin heals.