Imagine yourself relaxing on the deck, taking in the beautiful rays that gently caress you. Keep your thoughts positive while you ready yourself to take on the waters of a blissful piece of Heaven. Take a moment to look over the important tips for your first cruise.
- Tickets, ID, Passports – for everyone traveling
- Be sure that any paperwork you have is put together. I like to put all my paperwork into a small bag such and a pouch, or in a clear page protector for easy visibility. Make sure you have your tickets, passports and any other identified items such as a government issued photo ID.
- Formal Wear at least one outfit each- A cruise typically has a formal night for guests to gather in a formal manner where clothing if the nature is required. Take advantage of it, a special evening of memories.
- Clothing- Be sure that you pack clothes for hot, cold and cool weather- While we dream of all warm weather, we need to be prepared for all types of weather. Don’t forget that bathing suit. It is a must have for all cruisers. Not required but greatly desired..
- Remember KISS- Keep it So Simple, while there are a few things you want to do, try not to overwhelm yourself with everything. There will be all types of new and exciting things you will want to see and do, both on the ship and at ports of call. Allow yourself room on the must do list to experience the wonderful surprises coming your way.
- Don’t let the to do list dampen your cruise. You want to go in relaxed and then relax and have fun even more on the ship. If you go in all stressed, it might take a day away from bliss.
- Have others cruising with you do their part. Work together to get ready for a magnificent time. Don’t take it all on yourself.
- Once on the ship, there will be an overwhelming amount of things to do and parts to visit. Take it all in and allow the true experience take you away. Don’t rush through things. Stop, breathe and enjoy all activities and places.
Overall, you can be prepared and ready with a two to three day period. That amount of time is nothing to pull your hair out over. Cruising for the first time or anytime is a big deal. It is a getaway from all aspects of life as we know it. Don’t take the daily grind with you but rather allow the days to unfold within themselves.