This is my recipe for a strawberry pistachio pie. This is one of my new favorite recipes. I have never had a cake served to me with a dipping sauce. In my opinion this is a genius idea. I made some adjustments to the recipe that I tasted the other day. I make mine with the strawberries on top instead of baked into the cake. I prefer fresh tasting strawberries, but you can prepare this cake as you wish. I hope you enjoy. Happy eating.
- 1/2 cup of shelled pistachios
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 sticks of butter – melted
- 1/2 cup of strawberry jelly
- 1 quart of chopped up strawberries
- 6 ounces of plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to to 325 degrees.
- Spray your pie pan with with a non stick cooking spray and set aside for later use.
- In a food processor, pulse your pistachios, 1/2 cup of sugar, flour, salt and baking powder until your pistachios are chopped up finely.
- In a bowl, whisk your egg yolks and remaining sugar until it’s smooth.
- Gently add in your melted butter and your flour mixtures.
- Spread your batter into your prepared pie pan.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Spread your strawberry jelly on top of the of your cake.
- Place your chopped up strawberries on top of your strawberry jelly.
- Sprinkle any extra pistachios on top of your strawberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine your yogurt, honey and vanilla extract.
- Serve your cake along with your yogurt mixture and enjoy.