This is my recipe for strawberry Belgian waffles. You can use any kind of berry that you prefer. I love strawberries so I always make this recipe with strawberries. This is a family recipe that my grandmother use to make all the time when I would sleep over her house. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Happy eating.
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons of sugar – divided
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chopped up strawberries
- Preheat your waffle iron according to the the manufacturers directions.
- In a bowl, mix together your flour, cornstarch, 3 tablespoons of sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your egg, milk, butter and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In another bowl, toss your strawberries with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Stir your egg mixture into your flour mixture until it’s well combined.
- Fold your strawberries into your batter.
- Spray your waffle iron with a non stick cooking spray and place 2/3 cup of your batter onto your iron.
- Close your waffle iron and cook according to the manufacturers directions.
- Remove from your waffle iron, serve with berry maple syrup (see below for recipe) and enjoy.
BERRY MAPLE SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of chopped up strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Place your maple syrup, chopped up strawberries and butter into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until your butter is completely melted.
- Mix well and serve over your waffles.