Shrimp is great on it’s own with cocktail sauce however sometimes it just needs to be dressed up. One bonus of using shrimp in recipes is that it is low calorie which means it’s great for the waistline in moderation. Add a lettuce wrap and a tasty spicy mixture and everyone will be asking for seconds!
Here is a recipe to keep people hooked on shrimp!
Required ingredients to serve 4 people:
– 1 lb. shrimp (peeled)
– 1 cup chopped carrots
– 2 tsp. garlic powder
– 2 tsp. minced garlic
– 1 head iceberg lettuce (washed cut in half)
– 1 tbsp. butter
– 1 tsp. lemon juice
– 1 tbsp. chili powder
– 1 tsp. cayenne powder
– 2 tsp. lime juice
– 1 avocado chopped
– 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
– 3 tbsp. cilantro chopped
In a bowl mix garlic powder, minced garlic, lemon juice, chili powder, cayenne powder together. Then take shrimp and toss into mixture until fully coated and let sit. Move over to the stove top to saute shrimp. First, heat pan with butter than add shrimp mixture for about five minutes. Toss carrots around in pan with mixture. In a different bowl mix avocado, cilantro, lime juice and pepper, this will be a topping sauce. Next take the iceberg lettuce that has been washed, cut in half, and dried off and remove one lettuce leaf at a time. Take shrimp mixture and scoop desired amount into lettuce leaf, than place topping sauce on top and gently wrap together. Continue process until all shrimp mixture is used.
1. When cooking shrimp be sure to devein.
2. In recipe it is suggested to use real butter however extra virgin olive oil is an option.
3. If desired add ½ cup diced red peppers to shrimp mixture for extra veggies.
4. Make sure to choose a large head of iceberg lettuce when picking it out. Also, romaine lettuce leafs work well in this recipe as well.
5. If you aren’t fan of spice take out cayenne pepper and chili powder.