So many people want to lose weight and get healthy but they feel like it is just too hard. They think that they have to make these huge changes in their lives and that they will never be able to stick to them. If you are one of those people, I have great news for you. There are very small simple things you can change every single day that will help you lose weight and get healthy.
1. Drinking water instead of pop. This may not be something you think you can do, maybe you don’t like the taste of water, or maybe you think you need the caffeine from your pop, but I promise it is simple and you can do it. First of all think about this, each pop you drink contains around 230 calories. How many are you drinking each day? Let’s say 3 so that is 390 calories in one day. It takes 3500 calories to make a pound so in less than 10 days you gain one pound from pop! If you don’t like the flavor of water, try to drink it with ice in it, or a bit of lemon. You will get used to the flavor and grow to love it just like you do your pop!
2. Cut out the junk food! Imagine if you ate an apple instead of a snack cake each time you got the urge for something sweet. How many calories could you save? How much better would you feel if you gave up that processed poison and ate something a bit more natural? It is also cheaper to eat an apple than it is one of those snack cakes. Think about this, in each box of snack cakes you get between 6-8 cakes, these cost around 4 dollars each. Now for the same 4 dollars, you can buy a bag of apples which contains about 12 apples.
3. Have eggs for breakfast. The high protein content in eggs will help you stay full longer than if you were to eat high processed sugary foods such as cereal, and once again eggs are very cheap!
4. Use a small plate instead of a regular sized one. Many of us decide we are going to fill our big plate and then we feel obligated to eat the food even if we are not hungry because we don’t want to waste. We were all given the lecture about the starving children by our parents when we were kids and it has stuck! So instead of filling a large plate, fill a small one. If you cook too much food, you can always save the left overs!
5. Cut back on the cream and sugar! How many cups of coffee do you drink per day? How much cream and sugar do you add? For me I found I was drinking around 600 calories a day when I added cream and sugar to my coffee. Now it is black coffee for me!
These are just a few tips to help get you started in your journey to weight loss. Remember that you can make many small changes each day to help you reach a big goal. This changes can be made slowly and in the end you won’t even miss what you have given up!