Having healthy and glowing skin is essential, but not everyone has that. And that’s okay, there are plenty of products on the market today to help those with oily, dry, or acne skin. Here are my top 5 skin care tips, that even I use:
- Soaps: I’ve found that using strong soaps with a lot of fragrance in them does nothing to the skin but damage it. I, personally, use clearasil’s daily clear. It’s my favorite skin product for my face as far as washing it goes. I’ve been using it since I was a teenager and all those commercials about wanting to go up to a random stranger and rub your cheek on theirs because yours feels so smooth, fresh, and clean, are true. Even though I’ve never done this, I have been tempted to brag about how soft my face felt! Needless to say, if you are thinking about switching up face wash, I’d recommended this.
- Dry Skin: Before applying makeup and even after washing your face, you should always moisturize it. And if you are going out in the sun, find a lotion that has SPF in it. This keeps the skin from pre-aging and also keeps it healthy looking. Now if you have oily skin like me, then gold bond might work for you. I also use eucerin at times. But this doesn’t mean this will work for you. You might have to look around for the right product that works for your skin type. It’s best to stay away from lotions that are heavy based and creams. Something light weight is best for the skin and won’t clog the pores.
- Lemons: Believe it or not, rubbing some lemons on your face every now and then is a great way to keep your skin glowing and healthy. It’s also a great way to banish blemishes and lighten skin. The same goes for strawberries and certain other fruits.
- Drying: After washing your face, it is best to pat your face dry. Pulling and rubbing it just causes it to pre-age and form winkles.
- Diet: Eating certain foods can cause your skin to become more oily and break out. So it’s best to try and have a healthy and balanced diet, if you can.Avoiding junk and fatty foods can help heal your perfect skin! Also eating more fruits can help. Talk to a nutritionist about how you should go about switching up your diet in a way that could possibly help you.
There are a lot of things you can do and take to have that nice skin you see every now and then. Products such as ProActive and ProActive Xout for teens does wonders for the skin. Now like a lot of things, this may not work for everyone. So talk to your healthcare provider about what is best for you. Always remember that even if your skin doesn’t look like a super model or what you see on tv, your skin is just as perfect. And a lot of the time, what you see on tv and in magazines, is not real. It’s called lighting and photoshop. So embrace the beauty you have and be proud.