Coffee flour is an exciting new gluten-free product with large environmental and health benefits. Dan Belliavue founded the idea in 2012. The former Starbucks employee took interest in all of the excess coffee plants that are normally dumped during the coffee-harvesting process. He initiated his own product line by finding a way to put the coffee waste to good use.
Seven Reasons to Love Coffee Flour
1. Giving innovation hope. If he can come up with an idea to possibly make billions of dollars from using waste, it gives the American common man a sense of restored faith. That is at least in my opinion.
2. Environmentally sound impact. Energy, waste, consumption, and many more environmental issues face our nation. These were all on the top ten list of environmental issues done by webecoist recently. Eliminating all of that waste from coffee products makes great improvements.
3. Health value- The Upstart Biz Journal stated that coffee flour has three times more iron than spinach, even more protein than kale, and five times more fiber than whole grain products. Getting health benefits and a boost in energy shows a huge potential.
4. I never liked Starbucks anyway. Starbucks’ prices seem way too high for me. I despise paying five dollars for a coffee. I would love to see them compete with a giant like Starbucks.
5. The taste. The taste of coffee can be absolutely hideous. I drink it solely for the energy boost. I love the idea of replacing that horrible after-taste.
6. Help replace energy drinks, and other caffeinated health products. Caffeinated foods and energy drink sales totaled over 1.6 billion dollars in 2012. Caffeine informer also reported that energy drinks have many dangerous side effects.
7. Potential for International jobs in poor markets. The potential is huge for this product. Coffe plantations often grow in some of the poorer countries of the world like Panama, Nicaragua, etc. This product offers the chance to create jobs in some of these poorer nations.
Coffee flour does not carry the same kick as normal caffeine products. I still strongly support this product. It is a very uplifting story of someone making a difference.
Will this product work?