Are you thinking about trying to get pregnant? Congratulations! This is an amazing moment in your life, but there are also some things that you need to do before getting pregnant to get healthy and prepared. To increase your chances of having a stress-free pregnancy and conceiving a healthy baby, here are the important things that you need to do before getting pregnant.
1. Meditate. Many women often struggle to get pregnant because they are too stressed. It is best to spend at least fifteen minutes a day in a solitude environment to connect with yourself and eliminate any stress that you are dealing with. Anxiety can also be dangerous during a pregnancy but mediating will promote a smooth-sailing pregnancy.
2. Drink more water. Now that you are trying to get pregnant, it is time to up your daily intake from eight cups to about ten. Hydrate your body with filtered water. Drinking plenty of water has been shown to help appease morning sickness, indigestion, and heartburn. Many doctors suggest that it can also prevent constipation, water retention, and urinary infections. Instead of drinking out of a water bottle, invest in a water alkalizer for pure, healthy water.
3. Detox your body. Another thing that you need to do before getting pregnant is detox your body. Start weaning your body off of refined sugars, caffeine, alcohol and other unhealthy items that should be avoided while pregnant. Detoxing your body slowly before you get pregnant will reduce the amount of stress on your body when you get the good news.
4. Slow down the exercise. When you are trying to conceive, this is not the time to push yourself because it will stress out your body. Limit exercise and rest when you feel tired. The best pre-pregnancy workout is a gentle round of yoga. This is perfect for keep your body, mind, and future baby healthy and relaxed, before, during, and after pregnancy.
5. Start taking prenatal vitamins. Create a safe living environment for your future baby by taking prenatal vitamins as soon as you decide to try to get pregnant. For the best results, chose an all-natural prenatal vitamin.
6. Eliminate cosmetic toxins. As you are trying to get pregnant, you should clean up your beauty routine. Replace dangerous perfumes with pure essential oils. You should also check the toxicity rating of your shampoos, makeups, lotions and other cosmetic products. Invest in some natural skincare products to pamper yourself during this amazing time.
7. Schedule a preconception visit. During a preconception visit, your doctor will review your personal and family history to provide you with personalized advice and tips on how to get pregnant. During this time, you can also have your doctor check when you are ovulating so you know the exact time of the month your pregnancy chances are the highest.
With these simple yet important tips, the road to conception is made much more wonderful. This tips are helpful when trying to get pregnant, but these also are a great ways to keep up with your health even after you have conceived.