Splurging on a spa facial, luxury beauty products, or special ingredients for a homemade face mask can help to maintain that radiant glow, but your daily beauty routine will have a more powerful effect on what your skin looks like every single day. Taking good care of your skin with a consistent cleansing, toning, and exfoliation routine will keep your skin looking buff and smooth. Certain daily rituals can also help to ward off the signs of aging and bring out that natural glow.
Adopt these seven beauty habits for gorgeous skin every day:
1. Use an antioxidant-infused primer. A layer of primer under foundation will help you create that smooth and flawless look. Do your skin a favor by using something that contains antioxidants and other skin-boosting ingredients. These ingredients will shield your skin against environmental damage and can also infuse the skin with compounds that enhance your natural glow.
2. Refresh skin with mineral water. If your skin is puffy or looks dull in the morning, spritz some cold mineral water on your face and neck for a quick boost and to create that dewy look. I use evian Faical Spray every morning because it helps balance out my skin – especially after a sweat session at the gym. Carry one of the smaller canisters in your handbag for a mid-day refresher when needed.
3. Buff and tone with a cleansing brush. I’ve been using the Clarisonic PRO brush for several years and notice a significant difference in my skin when I miss a few days of my cleansing routine with the brush. A cleansing brush gives your skin a gentle massage and light exfoliation. Use it at least once per day to boost circulation to the skin’s surface and maintain smooth skin for days on end.
4. Don’t touch or pick. As tempting as it may be to pick that small blemish or rub your eyes, resist the urge to touch or pick at your skin for any reason. Touching your skin can spread germs and trigger breakouts. Rubbing the skin around your eyes can damage and dry out delicate skin. Break these habits to keep your skin looking fresh and youthful.
5. Invest in a good eye cream. The skin around your eyes is very fragile and may need more moisture than other parts of the face. Invest in an anti-aging or super-hydrating eye cream, serum, or gel to plump up the skin around the eyes and protect it from damage while you sleep. You’ll wake up looking more refreshed and rejuvenated, and keep you skin in good shape.
6. Sleep on a silk pillowcase. If you want to wake up with beautiful skin every day, switch from cotton fiber to silk pillowcases. Experts say silk helps the skin retain moisture. You may find your skin feels softer and smoother after a good night’s rest on a silk pillow. Use a good night cream before you hit the pillow for gorgeous skin every day.
7. Lose the makeup. Make sure to get rid of all traces of makeup and oils on your skin before you head to bed. Whether you wear layers of liquid makeup or mineral foundation, you will need to remove it with a makeup remover and cleanser so that nothing is left embedded in your pores while you sleep. Sleeping with your makeup on can clog up your pores and trigger breakouts.