When should a SEO campaign finally end? The correct answer should be never. This is because the monitoring results of each optimization action should be without permanent improvements of the website, strategy review and new methods of implementation. SEO is a long term activity, the results of which are seen on the long run but are more stable. Aggressive tactics may result in the short term but their potential is affected by changes in the Google algorithm, therefore are less desirable. So how can we tell if we are on track with your optimization work? Here are a few performance indicators (KPI – Key Performance Indicators) assessing the effectiveness of SEO campaigns.
Position in SERPs (ranking)
It is the most commonly used method of performance evaluation in SEO. Monitoring the keywords that are semantically gathered in groups (primary, secondary and long tail) on a consistent period of time is very important. There can be traced website pages that obtain these results and whether they correspond to those for which they were set as keywords (otherwise affected by keyword threats) or not.
Main Benefits of SEO Keyword Tracking
- · Provides an overview of your keywords and their efficiency
- · Analyzes the website’s ability to get good positions in SERPs over campaign optimization;
- · Enables you to identify the influence of optimization actions (links obtained, added content, on-page elements revised) and the rapidity of their development;
- · Enables you to report possible penalties and helps remove negative factors.
Any change in the positions obtained in SERPs must be supported by an action taken on site. In this case, the rate of accumulation and quality links are factors that should be carefully monitored. The proper SEO keyword tracking tool enables us to quickly find the sources of traffic of a website and to observe any variation in them in time. Other great benefits of using such tools are presented below:
- It shows the strengths of a website and things to be improved (in the example above: a site less known without direct traffic, but with content that brings traffic from organic traffic);
- Evaluates organic traffic before and after optimization
- Another performance indicator may be the growth of organic traffic from month to month. If seasonal traffic (higher traffic periods, due to factors beyond the site – egg. Market demand) can compare traffic year.
- All SEO keyword tracking software can find out which keywords bring organic traffic (unpaid search engines) and web pages that are responsible for this traffic (landing pages).
- It allows us to know exactly how many pages are indexed by Google and able to send traffic to the site.