Our children look forward to their summer vacation each year as they spend most of the year studying and learning in school. It is our job as parents to make sure our children are safe, and we have everything we need to protect them and make their summer vacation a happy and memorable one.
Being my family and children always spent our summer vacation at the shore, here are 10 tips on how to prepare for a healthy and safe shore vacation on the beach.
- Make sure if your child or children take medication that you refill their prescriptions to make sure you have enough medication for your summer vacation.
- Bring along their favorite toys or books to make sure they have enough to keep them occupied in case of a rainy day that you can not go to the beach.
- Bring plenty of sunscreen to protect your children for the hot sun rays.
- Bring along water shoes so that your children can go in the water safely without getting cut on shells or glass that might be in the sand and under the water.
- If your children are light skinned make sure you bring a beach umbrella to keep them out of the sun. Even with sun screen many children still will burn if they are very fair skinned.
- Make sure if your children are in the sun that you keep them hydrated with plenty of fluids.
- If they go in the ocean or bay make sure they are accompanied by you or an adult.
- Make sure you have a first aid kit with you.
- Buy and bring along plenty of healthy snacks for your children.
- Never let them swim in unprotected water. Make sure you and your children swim where there are life guards present and on duty.
So there you have 10 good safety tips to keep your children safe, and still be able to have a wonderful summer vacation. Safety should always be first for your children and you as a parent. The last thing we would ever want on a vacation or anytime throughout the year is for something horrible to happen to our children.
WRITE A LIST OF WHAT TO BRING ON YOUR SUMMER VACATION
Write a list before you leave on your summer vacation to make sure you don’t forget anything that your children will need to insure their safety and health. If you write everything down and talk to your spouse about what you will need to bring, then you will be sure not to forget anything.
Be safe, and have a wonderful summer vacation with your kids. They are only little for a short time, so enjoy them and make their summer vacation a memorable one.