After passing by the Brick Market and Deli several times, I decided to check them out on the internet and see if there were any reviews and what they had to say before deciding to give them a try. I found their website where I was able to view their menu, which I admit had several items on it that I was interested in. I found other places that had reviews, and after all things considered, I decided to head on over and check it out for myself.
The basic categories offered are:
- Baked Goods
- Specialty Sandwiches
- Cold Sandwiches
- Boar’s Head meats & cheeses by the pound
- Fresh Salads
- House Made Soups
- Lunch Combo
- Kid’s Combo
- Drinks – This is a great place to stop for your morning coffee; they offer Boyd’s fresh brewed, or if you are someone who likes to start your day with soda, you will enjoy their Coca-Cola Freestyle drink station where you can create your own specialty drink.
- Salads – You can build your own salad or order one of their ready made selections. I love the combination of fresh spinach leaves topped with red onion, sliced peperoncini, tomato and crumbled cheese.
- Specialty Sandwiches – Why not start with what I consider a signature sandwich and order the Italian loaded with fresh Boar’s Head meats and cheeses on an Italian roll or for a simple hot sandwich they offer a 3-Cheese Grilled Cheese sandwich that is grilled on a garlic cheddar sourdough for just $4.99, a cheese lovers delight. I love corned beef & Swiss which is a tough choice from the pastrami & Havarti another favorite of mine.
- Deserts – The display of deserts makes it a difficult decision on what to have choices like Baklave, cookies, cupcakes, eclairs, custard puffs, cake balls and fruit tarts along with other tasty treats.
- Seating – This is a small place with few tables and chairs if you want to eat on the premises, there is a small patio out back to fit in a few more customers. It would be great if they could squeeze in a few more tables so more people could sit down and dig into the delicious food you decided to order.
- Service – This is nothing short of great service with a smile, they really enjoy what they do behind the counter.
I ventured on my own and was happy to find that I was greeted warmly by a very friendly staff. I saw they offered homemade chili but decided I would try my all time favorite and ordered the corned beef and Swiss that had thousand island dressing, cabbage slaw and pickle. This was one of the best I have ever eaten and will definitely add this to my list of go to places when eating out.
Voted as the restaurant of the week on The David Allen Blog May 22, 2014, be sure to check out his review as well, which is definitely a thumbs up!
For such a small place, it sure packs a large variety of menu items that will have you coming back for more. I know that I can’t wait for the next time I am passing by on my way to somewhere. I will definitely be stopping in to try something new and indulging myself in one of their spectacular deserts.