In a stroller buying guide for Parents, Jessica Hartshorn from American Baby says that in spite of its typically hefty price tag, this must-have baby item is one you’ll need to replace frequently to cater to your child’s changing needs and growing body. One exception to this rule is a state-of-the-art stroller called the origami by 4moms , which comes complete with a myriad of unique bells and whistles, and accommodates accessories to keep your baby in style and comfort ’til he’s taking to the streets on foot.
Third-Party Accolades In 2011, the stroller won the “Best of What’s New” award from Popular Science and the Innovation Award at Kind+Jugend, the world’s largest juvenile products expo. Since the competition’s inception in 2005, the origami was the only US-made product to ever take home an Innovation Award.
- Pushing a single button instantly opens and closes the stroller.
- An adjustable strap enables reclining from 40 to 72 degrees.
- Daytime running lights and pathway lights
- The stroller charges itself as you walk, and has a power adapter just in case.
- Four wheel suspension ensures a smooth ride.
- Ample storage beneath the stroller with cup holders for both the parent and pint-size passenger.
- An LCD dashboard will warn you when the central bar latches are not engaged, and features a battery gauge, thermometer, speedometer and odometers that monitor each trip and how many miles you’ve trekked overall.
- The stroller’s sunshade has a peek-a-boo window so you can check on baby and he can see you.
- A button at the rear of the stroller can be tapped with your foot for engaging its brake, which locks two wheels.
Strolling before your baby is sitting up is a snap with the 4moms origami bassinet , a pram style accessory. This attachment allows baby to ride on his back until about six months of age when he begins to push up on his hands and knees. The bassinet has a sunshade with built-in carry handle, retractable foot muff to provide warmth and an ultra soft mattress for comfort. It takes just moments to remove the origami seat from the stroller’s frame and swap the bassinet in its place.
Travel System Ready
The manufacturers of origami currently offer a car seat adapter for the Graco SnugRide Classic Connect series. This style is particularly useful for busy moms on the go who can’t to be slowed down by a snoozing infant. When baby falls asleep between stops, just remove the car seat from your vehicle and snap it onto your stroller so you can stay on track with your errands no matter when naptime strikes.
Tote and Talk
USB-compatible devices can be charged as you push with the origami stroller’s cell phone charger . To use, just plug the barrel end into the LCD panel and the other end into the charging jack your device. With two snaps, you can easily attach a 3-pocket handlebar bag accessory for even more storage right at your fingertips – ideal for items like your keys and phone. Unless you’re stashing breakables, you don’t need to remove the bag when you fold the stroller, either.
Protection from the Elements
The 4moms origami weather cover is designed to hug the seat ring and shield your child from rain, snow and wind. It has a center zip window so you can easily access and interact with your baby.
Customizing with Color
You can easily remove the origami seat’s silver cover for cleaning without disassembling the whole stroller. For added flair, you can replace the included cover with an origami color kit in black, blue, green, pink or red.
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION :
The Contributor was given a gift or sample to inform this content.