Things You’ll Need (All of these items can usually be found at a Whole Foods near you)
*Serves 2-4 People, for a bigger family you might need more Beyond Meat and Tortillas.
- 1 Container Southwest Flavor Beyond Meat “Chicken”
- 1 Package Baby Spinach
- 1 Package Follow Your Heart Fiesta Blend Shreds
- 1 Onion
- 1 10 oz. can mild enchilada sauce of your choice
- 1 Package Corn Tortillas
- Soy Sauce
- Lime Juice or 1 Lime
- 1 12. oz. Container Organicville Chili Sauce
- The following spices: Chili powder, Cumin, Black Pepper, Oregano, Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder.
In a small mixing bowl combine the following:
- 2 Tablespoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
Funnel and store in a sealed jar in a cool, dry place.
- Next cut up Beyond Meat into fine shreds, this can be done with a knife or by pulling the “meat” apart with your hands. I usually only use about half of a container for 2 of us, so you may want to use more or less depending on how many people you are cooking for.
- Dice onion
- Chop spinach (be sure to remove stems)
- Spray pan with cooking spray and saute’ Beyond Meat and Onions in about 2 tablespoons of chili sauce, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, and then cut lime and squeeze over “meat” and onions, or use pre-bought lime juice and just squirt a tiny bit in. Sprinkle Pre-made adobe seasoning all over and continue to saute’ until complete. Can add more sauce and seasoning to taste. Remove from heat.
- In a large frying pan or skillet pour canola or other frying oil into pan and let it heat up.
- While pan is heating up rip off paper towels one by one and place them on a plate. These will be used to drain your tortillas.
- Once pan is hot enough fry tortillas and drain any excess oil from them
- Spray a casserole or baking dish lightly with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay tortillas out flat one by one and put spoonfuls of Beyond Meat mixture into them.
- Lightly sprinkle Fiesta Blend Shreds over top Beyond Meat mixture and then fold tortillas into enchilada shape, placing them closely side by side in pan.
- Open can of enchilada sauce and carefully ladle sauce over top tortillas (Note: you probably will not need the whole can of sauce, can refrigerate the rest for later).
- Sprinkle more Fiesta Blend Shreds on top of tortillas and sauce
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes or possibly longer (really just depends on how fast cheese melts and how crispy you want your tortillas to be).
Top with your favorite vegan condiments. My favorites are Tofutti Sour Cream, Louisiana Hot Sauce and my neighbor’s homemade salsa.
Serve and Enjoy!