Social Media is an important part of any real estate agents marketing plan. An agent will need to have a Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn account just for starters. Adding blogs, YouTube channels and online networking groups can result in increased exposure for you and your business. But you may be neglecting one of the most visible social media sites online – Yelp!
Yelp may seem like your run-of-the-mill billion dollar search and review site, but with its discussion forums and added social networking features it continues to grow as a top buyer’s research site. Within minutes you could be found in a search for local real estate agents, make a great impression and gain clients. This is FREE and easy non-stop marketing for you.
Yelp users have contributed over 58 million reviews online and marked over 120 million unique visitors in the final quarter of 2013 (SEC 2013 Annual Report). According to a Neilson survey conducted on the Yelp platform, 4 out of 5 Yelp users say they visit the site when preparing to spend money and 99% have made a purchase at a business they found on Yelp. Do the math and its staggering the amount of influence Yelp has on the consumer market.
What does that mean for your business? When people are curious they “Google it” and when people are ready to buy they “Yelp it”. Highly engaged shoppers who are seeking the best local buying experience for their money are looking on Yelp.
How can you make sure when they search for a real estate agent that they see you?
- Create your page (or claim your page if someone has already created one for you to leave a review) and review to ensure all your business contact information is correct.
- Once you sign up for a free Yelp account and claim your page you can utilize Yelp’s free business owner’s tools that let you do things like add information about why you are the best at what you do, upload an unlimited number of photos, respond to reviews, set up promo deals and get tips on attracting leads. The most useful tool to you is the analytics that tell you how often your page has been viewed and how people are engaging with your page.
- Upload enticing photos that make a viewer want to spend more time on the page getting to know you. Show Yelpers what you can do, what you have done and why they should choose you.
- Respond to reviews, both positive and negative. You can respond directly to the reviewer or publicly on your page showing perspective clients that you are engaged and that you care. Always remain professional and show yourself as a problem solver who wants what is best for the client.
- Use the analytic tools to get valuable feedback on how your page is being viewed and review your business information to see how you can reinforce what is working and fix what is not.
Real Estate Agents not using Yelp are missing out on a gold mine of potential clients. Remember that it is possible for someone to start a page for you to leave a review for millions to see. A marketing tool as valuable as this should not be left in the hands of random customers. Seize control of your page and reap the rewards.